Image Space Incorporated vient de mettre à disposition Karts version 1.14 pour rFactor 2 !
Notes de version (en anglais) :
Physics (both Karts)
– New tires which have enabled the contact patch model for the first time.
– Added new wet weather variables for tires.
– Numerous AI correlation tweaks. AI warm tires quicker, wear slower and more evenly (F/R).
– Reduced inertia for wheels and engine. The wheels were set conservatively due to instability, an issue which new, more accurate tires have are the result.
– Reduced axle and gearbox friction to what should be a more accurate level.
– Softened undertray collision points which makes the kart more realistic and controllable over tall curbs.
– Fixed geometry bug that went unnoticed that was caused by a build bug fix (which was improperly defined in the previous kart release, and has been corrected for Builds 860 and newer).
– Tweak to reduce some ‘hopping’ experienced in certain extreme situations.
Physics Junior Kart specific
– Engine engine has more low end torque. Combined with other changes, it now accelerates a lot better from standstill.
Physics KartF1 specific
– Increased grip to correspond better with the class of tyre this is simulating.
– Changed category name in-sim from ‘Kart Cup’ to ‘Karts’.
– Camera offset to match steering wheel.
– Updated shaders
– Updated textures
– Minor 3D fixes
The contact patch model is still not fully complete, but at a sufficient point now. It is still lacking some lateral and longitudinal variability due to temperature / pressure and the lat/long deflections are still slightly over sensitive under extreme conditions when patch is extremely small. The vertical deflections are considered accurate. We will release more details soon.
There are also some setup adjustments not yet available in the UI. An update will follow.